E. Lawrence Brock JD, AEP
As I walked out of the courtroom, the bailiff was calling for backup. A fight had broken out between two of the children of the decedent. I was the attorney for their father’s trust. This defining moment of my story helped me realize that not all trusts are created equal. In fact, some may not even do what the trust maker intended them to do.
This case, along with others, pushed me to find a way to use the Internet to help people receive the best customized plan for them at a reasonable cost. The creation of an Estate Plan over the Internet needs to be simple and understandable, yet still provide all the benefits of the attorney’s experience and expertise. These two aspects work hand-in-hand to help families recognize the wisdom and values foundational to their lives. Once combined together the Estate Plan becomes much more than just a sterile legal document.
The reason for estate planning is not just to save taxes, avoid probate, or protect your assets from the government. Based on my experience of over 45 years practicing law, the reason for your Estate Plan is to share all of your assets, not just the financial assets. I have seen every kind of litigation and the destruction of families because of poorly drafted and prepared Estate Plans. A proper Estate Plan helps guide future generations with a clear purpose.
Professionally, my goal and purpose is to help families craft Estate Plans that provide peace of mind, protection, financial savings, leadership, purpose, and guidance to the next generation.
As a result of my life’s experiences, I help families plan their estate and pass on their most important assets in a very personal way.
I invite you to explore this website and I hope you’re able to learn as much as possible from the articles, blogs, videos and webinars and that they will assist you in completing your estate plan.
Go Beyond the Basics
St. George Estate Planning strives to:
- Provide Responsive Legal Services
- Facilitate Answers (Not “No” but “Here’s How”)
- Add Value
- Anticipate and Prevent Problems
- Suggest Improvements
- Be Timely, Free from Errors, and Consistent
Education & Professional Affiliations
- California State University at Los Angeles, BA, 1975.
- Southwestern University School of Law, JD, 1979.
- Accredited Estate Planner by The National Association of Estate Planning Councils.
- Member, Board Of Directors of the Southern Utah Estate Planning Council 2015 to 2019
- Member, Southern Utah Bar Association
- Founder and First President, Howard W. Hundred LDS Law Student Association at Southwestern University School of Law.
- Founder and First President of the Student Section of Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Member, Board of Governors and Officer of the Lawyers Club, Los Angeles County, 1983 to 1986.
- Former member of Los Angeles County Bar Association, San Gabriel Valley Bar Association, Eastern Bar Association of Los Angeles County, Western San Bernardino County Bar Association, San Bernardino County Bar Association, Riverside County Bar Association.
- Member, Board of Governors of Settlement Now, an organization of attorneys sponsoring alternative dispute resolution, 1991 To 1997.
Experience During 40 Years as an Attorney
- Litigated hundreds of cases in the areas of
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff,
- Personal Injury – Defense,
- Family Law,
- Criminal Law,
- Juvenile Law,
- Collection and Construction Defect
- The last 25 years have been focused on
- Estate Planning,
- Trust Administration,
- and Contested Estate Litigation.
- Presented a number of programs on Alternative Dispute Resolution and Negotiation to attorneys, law students, and insurance adjusters.
- Presented a number of Estate Planning and Probate related programs to attorneys sponsored by the National Business Institute.